The next run of Crafty & Connected will start July 16th, 2012, and run for a total of 6 weeks.
Format and Frequency
The course will be published here, on a private blog that is members-only. Posts will go up a minimum of three and a maximum of 6 times a week, depending on the current topic.
The course material will include posts, videos/video tutorials, podcasts and worksheets.
The course will remain live for a total of 6 months, so you’ll have plenty of time to work through the content at your own pace!
Q & A
There will be 3 Q & A chats during the course. The first two will be live (with time beforehand to leave questions if you can’t participate in the live chat) and the last will run for a week after the course ends, to address any final questions. These will be run in the blog comments of the Q&A posts.
There will also be a private forum where you can share your sites, links, photos and chat about you and the course!
When you pay and register for the course, you will get access to the private sections of this site. The full course cost is $118 AUD.
Week 1 – The Why
- what is social media, and why should I be using it for my biz?
- the importance of trust and authenticity
- how to structure your social media interaction – what has worked for me!
- a social media success story – *bespoke* zine
- setting up accounts
Week 2 – Twitter
- lets get going on twitter – setting up your profile, a crucial step
- how to access and use twitter most effectively
- a simple rule for keeping balance in your tweets
- what is all this @, DM, and # stuff, anyways?
- how to schedule tweets – and how NOT to schedule tweets
- but what do I say? Steps to connect
Week 3 – Facebook
- lets get going on facebook!
- fleshing out your FB Page
- how often should you use your page, and what should you post?
- add a FB badge to your blog, and use FB to connect with other businesses
- what NOT to do – learn what so many creative businesses are doing wrong
Week 4 – Pinterest & Flickr
- the power of images to promote your biz
- using flickr to share your products
- collecting images as inspiration
- the importance of correct image attribution
- how to use these tools to help with your blogging
Week 5 – Blogging
- lets get blogging
- what’s your purpose? what should you blog about?
- find a balance between business and inspiration
- finding your blogging voice, and deciding where to draw the line
- submitting your work to other blogs
Week 6 – Stumbleupon, Google + & Forums/Teams
- my two secret traffic weapons…
- Google +
- how to build buzz using social media
- finding balance – you can do it all, but you can’t do it all well
I’m a complete beginner – I don’t even have a facebook account! Will I be able to handle this course?
Absolutely! I’m going to be providing you with video tutorials to help you learn your way around twitter and facebook – and I’ll be explaining exactly how best to use these media to market your biz. And remember – there will be a few Q & A sessions if you get stuck!
I’ve been on social media for a while, is there anything in this course for me?
There sure is! Not only will I be discussing how best to use social media like facebook and twitter, I’m also covering a few different media that you may not be familiar with…. as well as sharing a few secret traffic weapons. And that’s not to mention the section on blogging, in which I’ll share my advice for creating the right blog for you and your business.
But, can’t I just learn this stuff by myself?
Absolutely. But will you? It’s taken me almost four years of pretty much daily use of social media to learn what I will be teaching you in this course – hey, that’s how long it takes to get a Bachelor’s Degree in Australia! (And I’ve already got three of those…). So, the point of this course is to save you an immense amount of time – and to help you avoid many common pitfalls that social media uses fall into.
But, I don’t have a business yet, just a hobby… do I need to start with social media yet?
Absolutely! My business started off as a hobby, and luckily, I jumped into social media from the beginning. So, by the time I went full-time, I’d already built up a thriving community! You can’t start too soon.
I’m so busy, how much time will this course take up?
I am going to cover a LOT in this course. However, remember that you have access to it for a full 6 months! If life gets in the way and you can’t keep up with the course as it unfolds, don’t stress – you’ll have plenty of time to go through and absorb all the knowledge!
Become an Affilliate
Click here to join my affiliate program, and I’ll send out some info when the affiliate program for Crafty & Connected is launched!